Westco Brushed & Lacquered Oak Solid Wood Flooring 116mm/15mm
Westco Brushed & Lacquered Oak Solid Wood Flooring 116mm/15mm Details...
This solid wood flooring by Westco is brushed and lacquered and is an excellent choice if you love the warmth and elegance of authentic wooden floors.
These planks come in random lengths. So you can install them in any area irrespective of the space available. They are 15mm thick and measure 116mm in width. Each plank's length ranges from 300mm to 1200mm.
The floors are made of solid oak, one of the most popular forms of solid wood. The surface is lovingly brushed to enhance all the beautiful patterns, knots and grains that oak timber is famous for. You can revamp the surface and sand it if it loses its sheen or suffers some damage.
However, that won’t be necessary if the floors are well maintained as the lacquer layer on the surface delivers visual appeal as well as protection. The lacquer coating makes the surface resistant to scratches and abrasions. They are perfect for busy families, families with pets or kids or any commercial space that experiences heavy footfall.
The floors are easy on maintenance too. Regular dusting and weekly vacuuming will keep them dirt-free. If you spill something accidentally, simply mop the floor to prevent staining. The lacquer coating will keep liquids from penetrating the surface.
These robustly constructed floors can withstand fluctuations in humidity and temperature. In fact, they are suitable for most living spaces including kitchens and conservatories.
Installing the Brushed & Lacquered Solid Wood is easy and simple with the glue-less installation system. The planks are fitted together to give you a sturdy and seamless floor underfoot.
We have plenty of other solid wood floors in different shades and sizes if this isn't what you were looking for.
We also have many more choices of different solid wood floors available if this is not what you are looking for.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.