FREE delivery over £749
Free Samples Available
Up to 70% off RRP!
We'll beat any price
- Solid Wood
Solid Wood Flooring
At Lifestyle Flooring, we have been delighting customers with our high quality flooring solutions for over 35 years. With your best interests in mind, we bring to you long-lasting flooring products at the best price always. Our solid wood flooring range is a testimony to this commitment.
What is Solid Wood Flooring?
Solid wood is a single slab of hardwood cut to the desired length, width, and thickness. A solid wood flooring is made up of several of such single slabs. A single slab may usually be ¾ inches thick. The slabs are then dried in a kiln, and then given a finish.
The standard slab thickness makes it easier to sand down the floor whenever required, retaining thus your floor's gloss without compromising its beauty and durability.
Some popular varieties of solid wood flooring include oak wood, maple, acacia and walnut.
Benefits of Solid Wood Flooring
- Durability - The primary benefit of solid wood flooring is that it is extremely durable. Solid wood floorings at our store come with a warranty of 25 years.
- Aesthetics - Solid wood floors rank well in the looks department too. They are not just fantastic to look at, but come with a unique personality, which gives a character to your room.
At Lifestyle Flooring, you'll discover a range of shades and patterns of solid wood floors.
There is, for example, the Antique Oak Hand Distressed, which features an attractive black shade. Distressed refers to the treatment given to the floor surface to give it an authentic look of aged wood. The wood is rustic grade oak and the floor features deep grain markings, all of which add a rich character to the floor.
- Performance Drying wood slabs in a kiln at the time of manufacturing imparts a range of beneficial features to solid wood floors, including:
- Impressive strength - Solid floors can take heavy taps and impact of falling objects.
- Greater stability
- Resistance to cracks, splitting and warping
- Resistance to wear and damage by insects
- Solid wood floors accept finishes and paints better, which means you'll have your floor as good as new, for long.
At Lifestyle Flooring, we have solid wood floors with a range of finishes, including lacquered and hand scraped varieties, that you could explore. Intact installation & Solid wood floors settle better, be it with nails, glue or screws, once installed.
In addition to quality solid wood floors, Lifestyle Flooring gives you the best price. If you find that there are lower prices for any of our solid floors elsewhere, we can provide a better quote for you.