Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543
Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543 Details...
Add a natural, stunning look to the home with this beautiful Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543. Its extra-wide design aims to highlight the natural colour variations of the wood effect. It also makes the floor suitable for large room installations, creating a more spacious feel. The floors boasts an elegant and luxurious design, guaranteed to enhance the ambience in the room. It’s sold with a brilliant 25-year warranty for reassurance.
Each pack of the Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543 will cover up to 1.569 square metres. The planks measure 1376mm long, 9.5mm deep and 190mm wide. There are two micro-bevel grooves included on each plank, ensuring they boast a distinctive look. It’s AC4 graded, enabling it to be installed in moderate commercial environments as well as the home.
Scratchguard technology and a splash warranty provide excellent durability. The Scratchguard technology is unique to Quick-Step, protecting the floor’s surface against even micro-scratches. The splash resistance protects against surface moisture, often produced through spills.
You can choose to install the Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543 with underfloor heating if you desire. Most systems are compatible, though it’s worth checking before installation. You can also find matching accessories which can enhance the look of the floor further, such as underlays and finishing profiles.
This impressive laminate is also eco-friendly. Quick-Step have been the first flooring company to receive the EU Ecolabel for environmental excellence. This means the floor’s entire lifecycle has been designed to meet high ecological standards.
Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543 Installation & Maintenance
You’ll find the installation of the Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543 to be fast and simple. This is all thanks to its UniClic system. Used on most Quick-Step floors, this system enables you to simply click each plank into place without using excessive force. If you get stuck during installing the floor, simply refer to manufacturer guidelines or give our friendly team a call and they’ll be happy to help.
Maintenance is also kept simple, requiring just a daily sweep or vacuum. You can give the floor a light mop once a week, although it would be better to remove residue via a damp cloth. It’s only splash-proof rather than waterproof so you should avoid using an overly wet mop. Steps can be taken to protect the aesthetics of the floor, such as placing mats by entranceways and placing covers under furniture legs.
When you invest in this beautiful Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543, you can be sure it’s going to last the test of time. Adding elegance and luxury into the space, it’s one of our best quality laminates available.
Not sure whether this is the right design for you? Take advantage of our free samples or browse the full range to see some of the other designs in this fantastic collection.
Click fit laminate is a popular choice amongst DIY enthusiasts. Designed to simply lock together, this style of installation is the easiest and fastest method. So, if you’re looking to install your new floor by yourself, click flooring is the best option.
Each click laminate floor will come with its own unique installation guidelines. However, to show you just how easy it is, here you’ll discover a general overview of how click fit laminate should be installed.
Don’t forget to acclimatise the floor
Before you install laminate flooring, it’s going to need to be acclimatised. This means, leaving it in the room it will be installed for a set period of time. The manufacturer will provide instructions on how long the floor needs to be acclimatised but typically it’s around 24-48 hours. The flooring should be left in its pack unopened and stacked on top of each other.
Preparing for installation
As the laminate is being acclimatised, you’ll want to start preparing the subfloor for installation. Make sure the subfloor you’re using doesn’t have excessive levels of moisture. It should also be completely flat and smooth so any holes will need to be filled.
Check to see whether any door jambs need to be trimmed to install the flooring. You’ll also want to use a good quality underlay underneath to provide a stable base for the laminate. Foam underlay tends to be the best option, although it might not be needed if the subfloor is flat and consistently dry. It’s important to note that click fit laminate cannot be installed over joists, the base needs to be solid and flat.
How to install using the click method
When you’re ready to install click laminate, you’ll find it’s an exceptionally easy process. Here you’ll discover a brief step-by-step guide to help…
Step 1: Lay out the planks to see which way you want to install them. You don’t want to lay out the entire floor here, just a few rows to see how it will look. Click the boards together gently, but don’t lock them.
Step 2: Begin installing the floor in the left-hand corner of the room. Remember to leave an appropriate expansion gap as laminate can still expand and contract. Ensure the shorter groove of the plank is against the wall.
Step 3: Place the next plank in the first row, positioning it at an angle as you slot the edge into the first plank. Push it downwards and you’ll hear a click as the planks slot together. Continue installing the rest of the first row using this method.
Step 4: If required, trim the last plank to ensure it fits correctly. It’s best to use a saw and measure the line to be cut with a straight edge. Remember to cut enough of the plank to account for the expansion gap.
Step 5: Start installing the second row, placing the plank in the same position as the first row. Place the plank at an angle and insert it into the groove of the plank in the first row. Make sure there aren’t any gaps between the seams.
Step 6: Continue installing the remaining rows exactly how you did with the first and second. You should find the click fit system speeds up the process. Once finished, remove spacers from the expansion gaps and cover them with moulding or a complementary threshold.
As the planks easily slot together, you should find the above installation guide a breeze. However, remember to always follow manufacturer specific installation instructions for the best possible fit.
As you can see, installing the Quick-Step Perspective Wide Reclaimed Chestnut Antique Planks UFW1543 is a straightforward process thanks to it’s click fit system. However, if you have any questions or need help installing the floor, you can give our expert friendly team a call. They’ll be happy to talk you through the process.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.