Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915
Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 Details...
The beautiful Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 is sure to add style and elegance into the room. With its smooth finish, this laminate floor boasts a luxurious and professional design. It doesn’t just look great; the floor is also constructed to be highly durable. Armed with a 25-year guarantee, you know it’s going to stand the test of time.
The single packs of the Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 cover up to 1.507 square metres. If you need to order in bulk, we offer discounted prices on larger orders. The planks measure 9.5mm deep, 156mm wide and 1380mm long. It’s classified as AC4 Grade, which means it can be installed in moderate commercial settings as well as the home. It comes with large bevel grooves, giving it a more expansive look.
You can improve the floor’s comfort by installing it with underfloor heating. Check that your system is compatible and ensure you follow manufacturer installation guidelines. This will make it much nicer to walk over in the winter months.
Like all Quick-Step Perspective floors, the Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 comes with Scratchguard technology. This gives the surface excellent protection against scuffs and scratches. It even protects against micro scratches, up to 10x more than its competitors. If you have pets, you won’t need to worry about their claws damaging the surface.
As an added benefit, the floor offers a splash warranty. It has been protected with a glued, water-resistant base plate and the click system has been pretensioned to further boost its water resistance. This means it’s particularly ideal for use in kitchens and other splash-prone areas.
Installation and Maintenance Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915
Install the Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 with ease thanks to its expert Uniclic system. The planks click easily into place, with no messy adhesive or nails to worry about. You can also install it with a good quality underlay to improve its comfort. If you’re installing with underfloor heating, we recommend following manufacturer guidelines. Incorrect installation could void the warranty.
To keep the floor looking and performing at its best, you’ll need to give it a quick daily sweep and a light weekly mop. Although it is splash-resistant, it isn’t waterproof. So, you’ll want to use a slightly damp mop, wringing out as much water as you can to ensure it dries quickly.
Placing entrance mats at the doorways will help to keep the floor free from dirt and debris. It will also prevent moisture being trailed through from outside.
It’s not hard to see why the Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 is a firm customer favourite. With its beautiful elegant design and exceptional durability, you can rest assured you’re investing in the best quality laminate. Not sure if this is the right design for your space? Check out the other unique designs in the collection or request a free sample above.
Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 Information
Vinyl floors are extremely durable, resistant to scratches and stains, and are available in a variety of colours and designs to suit any interior décor. Vinyl floors can handle high levels of foot traffic efficiently making the Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 ideal for all environments
Vinyl floors are soft to walk on, and are noise-absorbent. These features make the Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 particularly attractive to commercial property owners, and home owners with pets and kids. They are affordable and can be installed easily and quickly.
To keep reaping the benefits of your Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 for a long time, you need to maintain the floor well. Maintaining vinyl floors is easy compared to other flooring types.
Maintenance tips for long-lasting Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 vinyl floors:
- Once installed, avoid washing your floor for a minimum period of 24 hours
- Mop the floor as regularly as once a week. Follow your manufacturer’s floor-cleaning manual to use appropriate methods and cleaning solutions for mopping.
- Clean your floor regularly. Use a vacuum for the purpose. You could also use a soft brush to sweep off loosely-attached dirt.
- Use entrance mats for doors that allow people in from outside. These mats stop sharp or other damage-causing items at the door itself, keeping your floor safe from scratches and gouges.
- Remove the finishing layer from floors and re-apply regularly if you have installed dressed floors. Stripping method and frequency must be in accordance to manufacturer guidelines.
- Use floormats in water-prone areas to minimise floor’s contact with excess water.
- Clean liquid spills at the earliest, to avoid unsightly stains in the long run.
- Use felt pads beneath furniture body and legs so that they do not cause damage such as scratches or cracks upon dragging.
- Use slow, even and careful movements, when moving appliances. Abrupt and careless movements can cause deep scratches on the floor. Use equal care when moving an any wheel-based appliance as these too, are equally damaging.
- Keep your pet’s nails in check, regularly, to avoid scratches on your vinyl floor.
Click fit laminate is a popular choice amongst DIY enthusiasts. Designed to simply lock together, this style of installation is the easiest and fastest method. So, if you’re looking to install your new floor by yourself, click flooring is the best option.
Each click laminate floor will come with its own unique installation guidelines. However, to show you just how easy it is, here you’ll discover a general overview of how click fit laminate should be installed.
Don’t forget to acclimatise the floor
Before you install laminate flooring, it’s going to need to be acclimatised. This means, leaving it in the room it will be installed for a set period of time. The manufacturer will provide instructions on how long the floor needs to be acclimatised but typically it’s around 24-48 hours. The flooring should be left in its pack unopened and stacked on top of each other.
Preparing for installation
As the laminate is being acclimatised, you’ll want to start preparing the subfloor for installation. Make sure the subfloor you’re using doesn’t have excessive levels of moisture. It should also be completely flat and smooth so any holes will need to be filled.
Check to see whether any door jambs need to be trimmed to install the flooring. You’ll also want to use a good quality underlay underneath to provide a stable base for the laminate. Foam underlay tends to be the best option, although it might not be needed if the subfloor is flat and consistently dry. It’s important to note that click fit laminate cannot be installed over joists, the base needs to be solid and flat.
How to install using the click method
When you’re ready to install click laminate, you’ll find it’s an exceptionally easy process. Here you’ll discover a brief step-by-step guide to help…
Step 1: Lay out the planks to see which way you want to install them. You don’t want to lay out the entire floor here, just a few rows to see how it will look. Click the boards together gently, but don’t lock them.
Step 2: Begin installing the floor in the left-hand corner of the room. Remember to leave an appropriate expansion gap as laminate can still expand and contract. Ensure the shorter groove of the plank is against the wall.
Step 3: Place the next plank in the first row, positioning it at an angle as you slot the edge into the first plank. Push it downwards and you’ll hear a click as the planks slot together. Continue installing the rest of the first row using this method.
Step 4: If required, trim the last plank to ensure it fits correctly. It’s best to use a saw and measure the line to be cut with a straight edge. Remember to cut enough of the plank to account for the expansion gap.
Step 5: Start installing the second row, placing the plank in the same position as the first row. Place the plank at an angle and insert it into the groove of the plank in the first row. Make sure there aren’t any gaps between the seams.
Step 6: Continue installing the remaining rows exactly how you did with the first and second. You should find the click fit system speeds up the process. Once finished, remove spacers from the expansion gaps and cover them with moulding or a complementary threshold.
As the planks easily slot together, you should find the above installation guide a breeze. However, remember to always follow manufacturer specific installation instructions for the best possible fit.
As you can see, installing the Quick-Step Perspective White Varnished Oak Planks UF915 is a straightforward process thanks to it’s click fit system. However, if you have any questions or need help installing the floor, you can give our expert friendly team a call. They’ll be happy to talk you through the process.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.