Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029
- 17m2+ £32.89
- 32m2+ £31.89
- 62m2+ £30.89
- 100m2+ £29.89
Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029 Details...
Give your home a practical yet stylish makeover with the beautiful Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029 from the Quick-Step Balance Rigid Click range.Featuring a stunning real wood effect, this rustic looking floor is sure to add beauty and elegance into the room. Unlike real wood, the floor benefits from Quick-Step’s HydroSeal technology, giving it a great waterproof design. This enables the Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029 to be installed in practically any room of the house.
Made from high-quality luxury vinyl, it comes with a remarkable 20-year domestic warranty. The surface is incorporated with ScratchGuard technology; helping to protect it against micro-scratches and daily wear and tear. The planks are bevelled on all sides to create a more authentic look, and they each measure 1251mm long, 187mm wide and 4.5mm deep. They are also fitted with Quick-Step’s patented UniClic system. This allows for fast, easy installation.
The Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029 is a beautiful, stylish and affordable flooring solution, guaranteed to look great in any home. Not sure if this is the right design for you? Check out the full Balance Click range today.
The Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029 benefits from a click fit installation method. This is the most common installation method used for luxury vinyl tile installation due to its simplicity and high-quality results.
It’s quick and easy to follow this installation method yourself. Here, you’ll discover a brief installation guide to help*.
What tools will you need?
Before starting the installation, ensure you have all of the tools you’ll need. These include:
- Mitre saw
- Utility knife
- Tape measure
- Spacers and crowbar
Having the right tools on hand will make the installation process much simpler.
Preparing the subfloor
Like any type of flooring, it is important to prepare the subfloor before installing luxury click vinyl. You need to ensure it is clean and flat, and it should also have a low moisture level.
Testing the moisture level prior to installation is crucial. If working with a high-moisture subfloor, it’s a good idea to use a screed to dry it out a little. Using a moisture-resistant underlay can also ensure the floor doesn’t become damaged by a moisture-prone subfloor.
If you’re working with a wooden subfloor, ensure there are no nails sticking out of it. You should also remove any damaged floorboards and replace them before installation begins. Once the subfloor is flat and clean, you can begin preparing the Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029 for installation.
Preparing for installation
Preparation is key to ensuring the installation process goes smoothly. Start by leaving the LVT to acclimatise for around 48 hours. In this time, you can take accurate measurements of the room. With click vinyl flooring, it’s best to start installing the floor from one side of the room, working outwards.
You are also going to need a good quality underlay. This is crucial for floating vinyl installation. Not only does it protect the stability of the floor, it also adds comfort and noise reduction benefits. Cover the entire subfloor with underlay, leaving a gap around any pipework.
Decide which direction you want the floor to run. If you want to make a smaller room appear larger, installing the tiles parallel to the longest part of the wall is a great tip. To make the most of natural lighting, install the floor towards the windows.
Now is a great time to cut the tiles to size if needed. Measure them and use the measurements of the room to determine whether any tiles need to be cut. You could also lay the tiles down without securing them, to see where cuts may need to be made. This will really speed up the installation process.
When you are ready to start installing the Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029, you should find the process quick and simple. While the manufacturer will have provided installation instructions, a general guide to follow includes:
Step 1: Prepare the first row
Begin by cutting the click system away from one side of the starting tiles. This can be done using your utility knife, simply scoring the click system before simply breaking it off. Make sure you’re cutting the tiles on the side facing the wall. Place spacers between the wall and the tiles to ensure you’re leaving an even gap.
Step 2: Slot the first two tiles together
Attach the second tile into the first by slotting the tongue side of tile into the groove of the first tile. Use the roller over the seams of the tiles to ensure they’re tightly connected. Carry on using this method for the rest of the tiles in the first row.
Step 3: Fitting the second row
Attach the first tile of the second row into the first tile of the first row, using the click system on its long side. The second tile should then be positioned with its long side which features the tongue, overlapping the groove of the tiles in the first row.
You will need to pivot the tile downwards, fitting the tongue and groove of the tile’s short sides together. If you wish, you can first connect the second-row tiles together before clicking them into place against the first row.
Don’t forget to use your roller to ensure the tiles are well connected.
Step 4: Continue to install the rest of the rows from left to right
Once you’ve finished the second row, continue using the same installation method for the final rows. It is best to work from left to right. Once all of the rows have been fitted, remove the spacers from around the room. You can then finish the installation by ensuring the expansion gaps are adequately covered.
Installing the Quick-Step Livyn Balance Rigid Click Vintage Chestnut Natural RBACL40029 is easy thanks to its click installation system. Got a question regarding the process? Give us a call today and our friendly team will be happy to help. You can also check out the manufacturer installation guidelines.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.