Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860
- 50m2+ £29.89
- 100m2+ £29.79
- 150m2+ £29.69
Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860 Details...
Quickstep Impressive Ultra PD
The striking Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860 is part of the exclusive Impressive Ultra collection. Constructed with durability in mind, it boasts an advanced level of protection to maximise the longevity of the floor. Adding a luxurious and elegant touch to the space, its water-resistant design sets it apart from its competitors. It even comes with a remarkable 25-year domestic warranty.
Each individual pack of the Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860 can cover an area up to 1.311 square metres. The planks measure 190mm wide, 1380mm long and 12mm thick. We also offer bulk discounts if you need to order more than one pack. Simply use the box above to type in how many square metres you need, and you’ll be shown how much it will cost.
The floor is rated AC5 Grade, which means it’s just as suitable for heavy commercial use as it is for the home. Like the standard Impressive range, this one comes with genuine Bevel edges for a natural yet distinctive design.
Like the original Impressive range, the Quick-Step Impressive Ultra collection boasts a Hydroseal surface. This provides a 100% water resistant design. You can install this laminate in high-moisture areas which would otherwise be deemed unsuitable.
In addition to its water-resistant design, the surface also benefits from Quick-Step’s Scratchguard technology. This provides 10x more resistance against micro-scratches than other standard laminate floors. You can install the Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860 in high-traffic areas with confidence knowing it will look as good as new for many years.
Another unique benefit of this laminate is that it can be installed with underfloor heating. Check through manufacturer guidelines to ensure your system is compatible. If the guidelines aren’t followed, it could void the warranty.
This floor boasts a beautiful elegant design. It has a soft and natural look, adding a subtle elegance into the space. The planks feature imperfections like real solid wood, helping to give the room authentic character and charm.
Despite its delicate looks, this is one of the toughest laminate on the market. It has been specifically constructed with an added layer of protection to enhance its durability. This makes it perfect for rooms which experience intensive use.
When you invest in the Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860, you’ll receive remarkable value for money. Thanks to its extra-long warranty and enhanced durability, this low-cost laminate will look and perform as good as new for many years.
Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860 Maintenance
Installing and maintaining the Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860 is easy thanks to its durable and water-resistant design. It comes with a great Uniclic system which is unique to the Quick-Step range. This simply requires you to slot the planks together, easily securing them into place. You don’t need any prior laminate installation experience to fit this great floor.
To keep it clean, give it a daily hoover or a gentle sweep and a weekly mop. As it boasts a water-resistant design, you’ll be able to mop the floor with ease. However, we still recommend wringing out as much excess water as possible.
When you buy the Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860, you know you’re getting excellent value for money. With a fantastic guarantee and an ultra-durable design, it’s sure to look and perform as good as new for years. Why not browse the other designs in the range before choosing the best one for your home or business?
Click fit laminate is a popular choice amongst DIY enthusiasts. Designed to simply lock together, this style of installation is the easiest and fastest method. So, if you’re looking to install your new floor by yourself, click flooring is the best option.
Each click laminate floor will come with its own unique installation guidelines. However, to show you just how easy it is, here you’ll discover a general overview of how click fit laminate should be installed.
Don’t forget to acclimatise the floor
Before you install laminate flooring, it’s going to need to be acclimatised. This means, leaving it in the room it will be installed for a set period of time. The manufacturer will provide instructions on how long the floor needs to be acclimatised but typically it’s around 24-48 hours. The flooring should be left in its pack unopened and stacked on top of each other.
Preparing for installation
As the laminate is being acclimatised, you’ll want to start preparing the subfloor for installation. Make sure the subfloor you’re using doesn’t have excessive levels of moisture. It should also be completely flat and smooth so any holes will need to be filled.
Check to see whether any door jambs need to be trimmed to install the flooring. You’ll also want to use a good quality underlay underneath to provide a stable base for the laminate. Foam underlay tends to be the best option, although it might not be needed if the subfloor is flat and consistently dry. It’s important to note that click fit laminate cannot be installed over joists, the base needs to be solid and flat.
How to install using the click method
When you’re ready to install click laminate, you’ll find it’s an exceptionally easy process. Here you’ll discover a brief step-by-step guide to help…
Step 1: Lay out the planks to see which way you want to install them. You don’t want to lay out the entire floor here, just a few rows to see how it will look. Click the boards together gently, but don’t lock them.
Step 2: Begin installing the floor in the left-hand corner of the room. Remember to leave an appropriate expansion gap as laminate can still expand and contract. Ensure the shorter groove of the plank is against the wall.
Step 3: Place the next plank in the first row, positioning it at an angle as you slot the edge into the first plank. Push it downwards and you’ll hear a click as the planks slot together. Continue installing the rest of the first row using this method.
Step 4: If required, trim the last plank to ensure it fits correctly. It’s best to use a saw and measure the line to be cut with a straight edge. Remember to cut enough of the plank to account for the expansion gap.
Step 5: Start installing the second row, placing the plank in the same position as the first row. Place the plank at an angle and insert it into the groove of the plank in the first row. Make sure there aren’t any gaps between the seams.
Step 6: Continue installing the remaining rows exactly how you did with the first and second. You should find the click fit system speeds up the process. Once finished, remove spacers from the expansion gaps and cover them with moulding or a complementary threshold.
As the planks easily slot together, you should find the above installation guide a breeze. However, remember to always follow manufacturer specific installation instructions for the best possible fit.
As you can see, installing the Quick-Step Impressive Ultra Natural Pine IMU1860 is a straightforward process thanks to it’s click fit system. However, if you have any questions or need help installing the floor, you can give our expert friendly team a call. They’ll be happy to talk you through the process.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.