Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492
- 15m2+ £17.49
- 31m2+ £16.99
- 102m2+ £16.49
Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492 Details...
Add warmth and depth into your interior with this beautiful Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492. It has been designed with a natural wooden style, guaranteed to add an elegant ambience into the space. The manufacturer has paid particular attention to durability in its design. Heavy foot traffic will be no match for the durability and stability of this floor. It even comes armed with an incredible 25-year domestic warranty.
The individual packs of the Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492 are able to cover an area of around 1.722 square metres. Each plank measures 1380mm long, 156mm wide and 8mm thick. Each pack provides excellent value for money, though we also offer bulk discounts for those who need to cover large surface areas.
It comes with an AC4 rating, which means it can be installed in heavy domestic, as well as light and medium use commercial premises.
Quick-Step have designed this range with a natural look and feel. No matter where it’s installed, it will provide a beautiful elegant look.
Like all the floors in the Quick-Step Elite range, this one makes use of Scratchguard technology. This means it’s highly protected against scratches and scuffs. It’s capable of providing 10x more protection against micro scratches than its competitors.
It also comes with a sealed resin surface. This further protects the floor against daily wear and tear. It also provides a slightly glossier surface for a more aesthetically pleasing look.
You can install the Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492 with underfloor heating to boost its warmth and comfort. Most systems should be compatible, though you can check this in the manufacturer’s guidelines.
A great benefit of this floor is that it comes with a splash guard warranty. This means you can install it in areas such as the kitchen thanks to the water-resistant glued base plate included in its design.
As the Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492 boasts exceptional durability, it can be used in both domestic and moderate commercial use. Be aware that the warranty drops to 5-years for commercial installations.
Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492 Maintenance
Installing the floor is a breeze thanks to Quick-Step’s Uniclic system. Fitted on each plank, simply click and lock the planks into place without excessive pressure. It’s a really easy system to use, even for those who have no prior experience fitting laminate flooring.
Due to its splash resistant design, this laminate is easy to maintain. Although it’s not fully waterproof, you can clean it with a slightly damp mop or cloth. You should only use cleaning products recommended by the manufacturer, or ones specifically designed for laminate cleaning in mind.
To protect the floor, we recommend using protective covers underneath the legs of your furniture. You’ll also want to add doormats to the entranceways in order to avoid dirt and debris been trailed across the planks.
Although Quick-Step’s advanced production process makes this floor highly durable, over time it can start to look dull. If this happens, use a cloth-strip mop to remove built-up dirt. If this doesn’t work, use a little vinegar and a slightly damp cloth to remove any residue build-up.
Lifestyle Flooring UK is proud to supply the Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492 at unbeatable low prices. Why not browse the full range before choosing the best design to match your home or business?
Click fit laminate is a popular choice amongst DIY enthusiasts. Designed to simply lock together, this style of installation is the easiest and fastest method. So, if you’re looking to install your new floor by yourself, click flooring is the best option.
Each click laminate floor will come with its own unique installation guidelines. However, to show you just how easy it is, here you’ll discover a general overview of how click fit laminate should be installed.
Don’t forget to acclimatise the floor
Before you install laminate flooring, it’s going to need to be acclimatised. This means, leaving it in the room it will be installed for a set period of time. The manufacturer will provide instructions on how long the floor needs to be acclimatised but typically it’s around 24-48 hours. The flooring should be left in its pack unopened and stacked on top of each other.
Preparing for installation
As the laminate is being acclimatised, you’ll want to start preparing the subfloor for installation. Make sure the subfloor you’re using doesn’t have excessive levels of moisture. It should also be completely flat and smooth so any holes will need to be filled.
Check to see whether any door jambs need to be trimmed to install the flooring. You’ll also want to use a good quality underlay underneath to provide a stable base for the laminate. Foam underlay tends to be the best option, although it might not be needed if the subfloor is flat and consistently dry. It’s important to note that click fit laminate cannot be installed over joists, the base needs to be solid and flat.
How to install using the click method
When you’re ready to install click laminate, you’ll find it’s an exceptionally easy process. Here you’ll discover a brief step-by-step guide to help…
Step 1: Lay out the planks to see which way you want to install them. You don’t want to lay out the entire floor here, just a few rows to see how it will look. Click the boards together gently, but don’t lock them.
Step 2: Begin installing the floor in the left-hand corner of the room. Remember to leave an appropriate expansion gap as laminate can still expand and contract. Ensure the shorter groove of the plank is against the wall.
Step 3: Place the next plank in the first row, positioning it at an angle as you slot the edge into the first plank. Push it downwards and you’ll hear a click as the planks slot together. Continue installing the rest of the first row using this method.
Step 4: If required, trim the last plank to ensure it fits correctly. It’s best to use a saw and measure the line to be cut with a straight edge. Remember to cut enough of the plank to account for the expansion gap.
Step 5: Start installing the second row, placing the plank in the same position as the first row. Place the plank at an angle and insert it into the groove of the plank in the first row. Make sure there aren’t any gaps between the seams.
Step 6: Continue installing the remaining rows exactly how you did with the first and second. You should find the click fit system speeds up the process. Once finished, remove spacers from the expansion gaps and cover them with moulding or a complementary threshold.
As the planks easily slot together, you should find the above installation guide a breeze. However, remember to always follow manufacturer specific installation instructions for the best possible fit.
As you can see, installing the Quick-Step Elite White Oak Medium Planks UE1492 is a straightforward process thanks to it’s click fit system. However, if you have any questions or need help installing the floor, you can give our expert friendly team a call. They’ll be happy to talk you through the process.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.