Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300
- 30m2+ £17.39
- 100m2+ £16.89
Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300 Details...
Elegant, durable and easy to maintain, the Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300 is one of our bestselling floors. It benefits from a bevel-less design, giving the floor a more streamlined look once it’s been installed. This also makes it easier to keep clean, adding to its durability. As it’s also got a great water-resistant design, it can be installed in most areas of the home. The floor comes with a great 25-year warranty for peace of mind.
Each pack of the Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300 will cover up to 1.722 square metres. The planks measure 1380mm long, 156mm wide and 8mm thick. It’s classed as AC4 durability, making it suitable for domestic and moderate commercial use.
One of its main benefits is the water-resistant design. Not many laminate floors offer this feature and it enables you to install the floor in bathrooms, kitchens and other areas where real wood wouldn’t be suitable. The planks in the Quick-Step Eligna range are given a Hydroseal coating, ensuring no water is able to penetrate the surface. This also means the floor will be resistant against stains, spills and harmful chemicals. That being said, you should avoid using harsh chemicals when cleaning the floor.
Like most Quick-Step floors, this one also boasts Scratchguard technology. This keeps the surface protected against scratches, scuffs and daily wear and tear. It’s particularly resistant against micro scratches, making it a great choice for homes with pets.
Improve the comfort of the floor by installing it with underfloor heating. The majority of modern systems will be compatible, just be sure to familiarise yourself with maximum temperature guidelines.
Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300 Maintenance
Like the majority of Quick-Step floors, this one takes advantage of the patented Uniclic system. Designed to quickly click and secure each plank into place, it’s one of the easiest click systems to use. Even if you have no prior experience fitting laminate floors, you’ll find the Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300 really easy to fit.
Maintaining it is also straightforward and kept to a minimum. Control dirt and debris by installing entrance mats near exterior doors and giving the floor a quick sweep every day. You can also mop the floor once a week thanks to its Hydroseal protected surface. If you’re using any cleaning products, make sure they’re specifically designed for laminate flooring.
If you invest in this impressive Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300 you won’t be disappointed. One of many beautiful designs available, why not browse the full Exquisa range to ensure you’re choosing the best design to fit your needs?
Click fit laminate is a popular choice amongst DIY enthusiasts. Designed to simply lock together, this style of installation is the easiest and fastest method. So, if you’re looking to install your new floor by yourself, click flooring is the best option.
Each click laminate floor will come with its own unique installation guidelines. However, to show you just how easy it is, here you’ll discover a general overview of how click fit laminate should be installed.
Don’t forget to acclimatise the floor
Before you install laminate flooring, it’s going to need to be acclimatised. This means, leaving it in the room it will be installed for a set period of time. The manufacturer will provide instructions on how long the floor needs to be acclimatised but typically it’s around 24-48 hours. The flooring should be left in its pack unopened and stacked on top of each other.
Preparing for installation
As the laminate is being acclimatised, you’ll want to start preparing the subfloor for installation. Make sure the subfloor you’re using doesn’t have excessive levels of moisture. It should also be completely flat and smooth so any holes will need to be filled.
Check to see whether any door jambs need to be trimmed to install the flooring. You’ll also want to use a good quality underlay underneath to provide a stable base for the laminate. Foam underlay tends to be the best option, although it might not be needed if the subfloor is flat and consistently dry. It’s important to note that click fit laminate cannot be installed over joists, the base needs to be solid and flat.
How to install using the click method
When you’re ready to install click laminate, you’ll find it’s an exceptionally easy process. Here you’ll discover a brief step-by-step guide to help…
Step 1: Lay out the planks to see which way you want to install them. You don’t want to lay out the entire floor here, just a few rows to see how it will look. Click the boards together gently, but don’t lock them.
Step 2: Begin installing the floor in the left-hand corner of the room. Remember to leave an appropriate expansion gap as laminate can still expand and contract. Ensure the shorter groove of the plank is against the wall.
Step 3: Place the next plank in the first row, positioning it at an angle as you slot the edge into the first plank. Push it downwards and you’ll hear a click as the planks slot together. Continue installing the rest of the first row using this method.
Step 4: If required, trim the last plank to ensure it fits correctly. It’s best to use a saw and measure the line to be cut with a straight edge. Remember to cut enough of the plank to account for the expansion gap.
Step 5: Start installing the second row, placing the plank in the same position as the first row. Place the plank at an angle and insert it into the groove of the plank in the first row. Make sure there aren’t any gaps between the seams.
Step 6: Continue installing the remaining rows exactly how you did with the first and second. You should find the click fit system speeds up the process. Once finished, remove spacers from the expansion gaps and cover them with moulding or a complementary threshold.
As the planks easily slot together, you should find the above installation guide a breeze. However, remember to always follow manufacturer specific installation instructions for the best possible fit.
As you can see, installing the Quick-Step Eligna Wenge Passionata Planks EL1300 is a straightforward process thanks to it’s click fit system. However, if you have any questions or need help installing the floor, you can give our expert friendly team a call. They’ll be happy to talk you through the process.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.