Quick-Step Arte Leather Tile Dark UF1402
- 16m2+ £31.89
- 31m2+ £30.89
- 101m2+ £29.89
Quick-Step Arte Leather Tile Dark UF1402 Details...
The exquisite Quick-Step Arte Leather Tile Dark UF1402 is made to look exactly like stone tiles, yet it features the practicality of laminate. With its unique design, this is the perfect floor for those looking for something a little different. It’s easy to install, maintain and it’s remarkably durable too. Armed with a 25-year domestic guarantee, you can be sure this floor will look as good as new for years to come.
With every pack in the Quick-Step Arte range, you can cover up to 1.558 square metres. Its planks measure 624mm long, 624mm wide and 9.5mm thick. This is thicker than your average laminate floor, adding to its stability and longevity. Like most laminates in the Quick-Step collection, this one is graded AC4 for durability, enabling it to be installed in moderate commercial environments as well as within the home.
Its durability is credited to both its Scratchguard technology and splash resistant design. With Scratchguard, the floor is protected against daily scuffs and scratches. Even micro scratches will be no match for this laminate. It’s splash warranty also gives you reassurance when installing the floor in a spill-prone environment. The surface of the planks is protected by a glued water-resistant base plate. This stops moisture seeping through to the inner layers of the floor.
You can install the floor with traditional underfloor heating systems. However, not all systems will be compatible, so this is something you’ll need to check. If you don’t check and the system isn’t compatible, it could damage the floor and the warranty would become void.
Like other laminates in the Quick-Step range, this one has the EU Ecolabel. It means that the floor has been constructed and designed with environmental friendliness in mind. So, if you’re trying to lower your impact on the environment, this is a great responsible flooring choice.
Quick-Step Arte Leather Tile Dark UF1402 Maintenance
Install the Quick-Step Arte Leather Tile Dark UF1402 quickly and easily thanks to the UniClic system. This high-quality systems allows the planks to be slotted together quickly with minimal effort. You don’t need any prior floor-fitting experience to install it yourself. However, if you do get stuck you can refer to manufacturer guidelines or give our friendly team a call.
You’ll need to be careful when mopping the floor as it isn’t fully waterproof. However, you can get away with giving it a light mop once a week. Besides this, you’ll only need to control daily dirt and debris either with a gentle brush or a vacuum. Placing entrance matting by exterior doors will also protect the floor against dirt, debris and moisture.
It’s not hard to see why so many homeowners love the Quick-Step Arte Leather Tile Dark UF1402. With its excellent durability, beautiful looks and impressive affordability, it’s one of the best value laminates on the market. Grab a free sample or compare it to some of the other designs in this exclusive collection.
Click fit laminate is a popular choice amongst DIY enthusiasts. Designed to simply lock together, this style of installation is the easiest and fastest method. So, if you’re looking to install your new floor by yourself, click flooring is the best option.
Each click laminate floor will come with its own unique installation guidelines. However, to show you just how easy it is, here you’ll discover a general overview of how click fit laminate should be installed.
Don’t forget to acclimatise the floor
Before you install laminate flooring, it’s going to need to be acclimatised. This means, leaving it in the room it will be installed for a set period of time. The manufacturer will provide instructions on how long the floor needs to be acclimatised but typically it’s around 24-48 hours. The flooring should be left in its pack unopened and stacked on top of each other.
Preparing for installation
As the laminate is being acclimatised, you’ll want to start preparing the subfloor for installation. Make sure the subfloor you’re using doesn’t have excessive levels of moisture. It should also be completely flat and smooth so any holes will need to be filled.
Check to see whether any door jambs need to be trimmed to install the flooring. You’ll also want to use a good quality underlay underneath to provide a stable base for the laminate. Foam underlay tends to be the best option, although it might not be needed if the subfloor is flat and consistently dry. It’s important to note that click fit laminate cannot be installed over joists, the base needs to be solid and flat.
How to install using the click method
When you’re ready to install click laminate, you’ll find it’s an exceptionally easy process. Here you’ll discover a brief step-by-step guide to help…
Step 1: Lay out the planks to see which way you want to install them. You don’t want to lay out the entire floor here, just a few rows to see how it will look. Click the boards together gently, but don’t lock them.
Step 2: Begin installing the floor in the left-hand corner of the room. Remember to leave an appropriate expansion gap as laminate can still expand and contract. Ensure the shorter groove of the plank is against the wall.
Step 3: Place the next plank in the first row, positioning it at an angle as you slot the edge into the first plank. Push it downwards and you’ll hear a click as the planks slot together. Continue installing the rest of the first row using this method.
Step 4: If required, trim the last plank to ensure it fits correctly. It’s best to use a saw and measure the line to be cut with a straight edge. Remember to cut enough of the plank to account for the expansion gap.
Step 5: Start installing the second row, placing the plank in the same position as the first row. Place the plank at an angle and insert it into the groove of the plank in the first row. Make sure there aren’t any gaps between the seams.
Step 6: Continue installing the remaining rows exactly how you did with the first and second. You should find the click fit system speeds up the process. Once finished, remove spacers from the expansion gaps and cover them with moulding or a complementary threshold.
As the planks easily slot together, you should find the above installation guide a breeze. However, remember to always follow manufacturer specific installation instructions for the best possible fit.
As you can see, installing the Quick-Step Arte Leather Tile Dark UF1402 is a straightforward process thanks to it’s click fit system. However, if you have any questions or need help installing the floor, you can give our expert friendly team a call. They’ll be happy to talk you through the process.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.