Linton Brilliance Smoked & Oiled Oak Flooring 190mm x 20/6mm
- 50m2+ £52.74
- 100m2+ £52.49
- 150m2+ £52.24
Linton Brilliance Smoked & Oiled Oak Flooring 190mm x 20/6mm Details...
The Linton Brilliance Smoked and Oiled Engineered Oak Wood 190mm x 20/6mm boasts a brilliant dark shade thanks to its smoked treatment. Its oiled finish packs in several practical benefits.
The top layer of the floor, which is solid oak, is placed in a closed environment in the presence of ammonia. This process, known as smoking, imparts the dark shade to the floor. The natural texture of oak pops out beautifully.
The oiling treatment further enhances the natural character of this Linton floor. The oil penetrates deep into the wood, reinforcing the depth and details of the texture. The depth and strength of texture are not temporary - they last for years.
Oiling also provides a protective coating to the Linton Brilliance Engineered Oak Wood. This makes this Linton floor tough and highly durable. The excellent wear layer with a thickness of 6mm adds to the floor toughness. It is extremely tolerant of heavy traffic, be it in residential or commercial settings.
This Linton floor features a multi-layer design, which imparts exceptional strength and stability to the floor.
The Linton Brilliance Smoked and Oiled Engineered Wood does not change during changes in humidity and temperature in the environment. It won’t bulge, warp or shrink. This floor can, therefore, be used without any worries in conservatories, which are prone to such environmental changes. In fact, it’s compatible with underfloor heating systems too.
This Linton Brilliance gives you the best value for your money with its fantastic design, long life and an array of practical features.
Request your free sample today!
We have plenty of other engineered wood floors in different shades and sizes if this isn't what you were looking for.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.