Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111
- 50m2+ £39.30
- 100m2+ £39.10
- 150m2+ £38.90
Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 Details...
The Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 is your go-to flooring solution if you desire to do up your living space in style. The full Karndean Korlok range of designer flooring is stunning, to say the least, and you simply cannot refuse a flooring solution that is convenient, durable and highly practical.
The planks measure 1420mm x 225mm and have a wear layer of 0.55mm and a thickness of 6.5mm. The Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 offers the resilience of a vinyl floor with the effects and feel of natural wood. Have a close-to-nature experience right in the comfort of your own home fully aware of the fact that the luxury flooring is here to stay for a very long time.
The Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 is easy to clean and maintain as the surface has been treated. This helps protect the floor against spills and splashes. A sweep-and-mop is all that's required to keep the floor looking great. The Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 is extremely hardwearing but should there be any damage, replacing the damaged plank or tile is hassle-free and no big affair.
The 5G click locking system makes for easy installation and involves minimal subfloor preparation. The adhesive-free method guarantees a quick and a neat job of installation. You can easily lay the designer floor over existing floors or subfloors. The floor features acoustic foam backing which contributes to excellent soundproofing and keeps the noise away while preventing noise transfer from the outside.
The gorgeous floors that are nature inspired accentuate the appearance of a traditional ambience giving off a classy look combined with a hint of quiet elegance. Choose the Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 and experience the varied benefits the splendid flooring offers.
Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 Maintenance
Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 Vinyl floors are extremely durable, resistant to scratches and stains, and are available in a variety of colours and designs to suit any interior décor. Vinyl floors can handle high levels of foot traffic efficiently.
Vinyl floors are soft to walk on, and are noise-absorbent. these features make them particularly attractive to commercial property owners, and home owners with pets and kids. They are affordable and can be installed easily and quickly.
To keep reaping the benefits of your Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 for a long time, you need to maintain them well. Maintaining vinyl floors is easy compared to other flooring types. Here are a few maintenance tips for long-lasting vinyl floors:
- Once the Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 is installed, avoid washing your floor for a minimum period of 24 hours
- Mop the floor as regularly as once a week. Follow your manufacturer’s floor-cleaning manual to use appropriate methods and cleaning solutions for mopping.
- Clean your floor regularly. Use a vacuum for the purpose. You could also use a soft brush to sweep off loosely-attached dirt.
- Use entrance mats for doors that allow people in from outside. These mats stop sharp or other damage-causing items at the door itself, keeping your floor safe from scratches and gouges.
- Remove the finishing layer from floors and re-apply regularly if you have installed dressed floors. Stripping method and frequency must be in accordance to manufacturer guidelines.
- Use floormats in water-prone areas to minimise floor’s contact with excess water.
- Clean liquid spills at the earliest, to avoid unsightly stains in the long run.
- Use felt pads beneath furniture body and legs so that they do not cause damage such as scratches or cracks upon dragging.
- Use slow, even and careful movements, when moving appliances. Abrupt and careless movements can cause deep scratches on the floor. Use equal care when moving an any wheel-based appliance as these too, are equally damaging.
- Keep your pet’s nails in check, regularly, to avoid scratches on your vinyl floor.
The Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 benefits from a click fit installation method. This is the most common installation method used for luxury vinyl tile installation due to its simplicity and high-quality results.
It’s quick and easy to follow this installation method yourself. Here, you’ll discover a brief installation guide to help*.
What tools will you need?
Before starting the installation, ensure you have all of the tools you’ll need. These include:
- Mitre saw
- Utility knife
- Tape measure
- Spacers and crowbar
Having the right tools on hand will make the installation process much simpler.
Preparing the subfloor
Like any type of flooring, it is important to prepare the subfloor before installing luxury click vinyl. You need to ensure it is clean and flat, and it should also have a low moisture level.
Testing the moisture level prior to installation is crucial. If working with a high-moisture subfloor, it’s a good idea to use a screed to dry it out a little. Using a moisture-resistant underlay can also ensure the floor doesn’t become damaged by a moisture-prone subfloor.
If you’re working with a wooden subfloor, ensure there are no nails sticking out of it. You should also remove any damaged floorboards and replace them before installation begins. Once the subfloor is flat and clean, you can begin preparing the Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 for installation.
Preparing for installation
Preparation is key to ensuring the installation process goes smoothly. Start by leaving the LVT to acclimatise for around 48 hours. In this time, you can take accurate measurements of the room. With click vinyl flooring, it’s best to start installing the floor from one side of the room, working outwards.
You are also going to need a good quality underlay. This is crucial for floating vinyl installation. Not only does it protect the stability of the floor, it also adds comfort and noise reduction benefits. Cover the entire subfloor with underlay, leaving a gap around any pipework.
Decide which direction you want the floor to run. If you want to make a smaller room appear larger, installing the tiles parallel to the longest part of the wall is a great tip. To make the most of natural lighting, install the floor towards the windows.
Now is a great time to cut the tiles to size if needed. Measure them and use the measurements of the room to determine whether any tiles need to be cut. You could also lay the tiles down without securing them, to see where cuts may need to be made. This will really speed up the installation process.
When you are ready to start installing the Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111, you should find the process quick and simple. While the manufacturer will have provided installation instructions, a general guide to follow includes:
Step 1: Prepare the first row
Begin by cutting the click system away from one side of the starting tiles. This can be done using your utility knife, simply scoring the click system before simply breaking it off. Make sure you’re cutting the tiles on the side facing the wall. Place spacers between the wall and the tiles to ensure you’re leaving an even gap.
Step 2: Slot the first two tiles together
Attach the second tile into the first by slotting the tongue side of tile into the groove of the first tile. Use the roller over the seams of the tiles to ensure they’re tightly connected. Carry on using this method for the rest of the tiles in the first row.
Step 3: Fitting the second row
Attach the first tile of the second row into the first tile of the first row, using the click system on its long side. The second tile should then be positioned with its long side which features the tongue, overlapping the groove of the tiles in the first row.
You will need to pivot the tile downwards, fitting the tongue and groove of the tile’s short sides together. If you wish, you can first connect the second-row tiles together before clicking them into place against the first row.
Don’t forget to use your roller to ensure the tiles are well connected.
Step 4: Continue to install the rest of the rows from left to right
Once you’ve finished the second row, continue using the same installation method for the final rows. It is best to work from left to right. Once all of the rows have been fitted, remove the spacers from around the room. You can then finish the installation by ensuring the expansion gaps are adequately covered.
Installing the Karndean Korlok Baltic Limed Oak RKP8111 is easy thanks to its click installation system. Got a question regarding the process? Give us a call today and our friendly team will be happy to help. You can also check out the manufacturer installation guidelines.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.