Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32
- 100m2+ £19.60
- 150m2+ £19.39
Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 Details...
The Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 is a beautiful Luxury Vinyl Tile from the ever popular Karndean Knight Tile range. The authenticity of this tile gives your home a stunning feature that resembles real solid wood flooring to suit all types of decor. We offer the Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 at the lowest price on the internet. Not only that but we also offer discount on the more you buy AND free delivery on orders over £1000.
Benefits of Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32
The Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 Karndean is a great option if you are looking for a floorings with the rich look and feel of real wood without any of its practical problems. Here are some benefits of the Karndean Knight Tile range that you might find interesting:
Karndean Knight Tile Woods have Incredible Resemblance to Real Wood
Every tile in this range has been crafted meticulously to reflect the characteristics of real wood. You’ll find every detail be it a knot or a grain, expertly woven into the design to replicate real wood in every way possible. Karndean Knight Tile range are also available in different colours, shades, effects, and patterns, as real wooden floors. So, you can be assured that you’ll find a floor that best suits your room décor if the Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 is not quite right.
Luxury Vinyl Tiles are Hygienic
Karndean Tiles are more hygienic when compared to real wood floors. It features a PU coating, which makes the floor surface non-porous. This means the floor does not allow any dirt, bacteria and germs, to enter and breed. It allows for easy maintenance, regular mopping is enough to keep the floor fresh and clean. The look of the floor does not dull down for several years. So, you’ll not have to opt for floor treatments such as sanding and staining.
Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 Durability
Like with all Karndean Knight Tile, the Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 are designed to be long-lasting. They are extremely tolerant to daily activities, including heavy foot traffic, knocks, impact by sharp objects and heavy furniture. Spills can be easily cleaned. Even in case of any damage, it is very easy to remove the damaged tiles and replace them with newer ones. This is because the floors are designed using individual pieces of tiles, which can be moved removed, or replaced easily.
Karndean wood-inspired range supports underfloor heating. You can install systems with a capacity of up to 27°C. With their versatility and beautiful appearance, Karndean floors can be a wonderful addition to any room. Browse through the Karndean range of wood-inspired floors at Lifestyle Flooring.
Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 Maintenance
Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 Vinyl floors are extremely durable, resistant to scratches and stains, and are available in a variety of colours and designs to suit any interior décor. Vinyl floors can handle high levels of foot traffic efficiently.
Vinyl floors are soft to walk on, and are noise-absorbent. these features make them particularly attractive to commercial property owners, and home owners with pets and kids. They are affordable and can be installed easily and quickly.
To keep reaping the benefits of your Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 for a long time, you need to maintain them well. Maintaining vinyl floors is easy compared to other flooring types. Here are a few maintenance tips for long-lasting vinyl floors:
- Once the Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 is installed, avoid washing your floor for a minimum period of 24 hours
- Mop the floor as regularly as once a week. Follow your manufacturer’s floor-cleaning manual to use appropriate methods and cleaning solutions for mopping.
- Clean your floor regularly. Use a vacuum for the purpose. You could also use a soft brush to sweep off loosely-attached dirt.
- Use entrance mats for doors that allow people in from outside. These mats stop sharp or other damage-causing items at the door itself, keeping your floor safe from scratches and gouges.
- Remove the finishing layer from floors and re-apply regularly if you have installed dressed floors. Stripping method and frequency must be in accordance to manufacturer guidelines.
- Use floormats in water-prone areas to minimise floor’s contact with excess water.
- Clean liquid spills at the earliest, to avoid unsightly stains in the long run.
- Use felt pads beneath furniture body and legs so that they do not cause damage such as scratches or cracks upon dragging.
- Use slow, even and careful movements, when moving appliances. Abrupt and careless movements can cause deep scratches on the floor. Use equal care when moving an any wheel-based appliance as these too, are equally damaging.
- Keep your pet’s nails in check, regularly, to avoid scratches on your vinyl floor.
The Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 requires a glue down installation method. Glue down luxury vinyl tile installation is easy to do by yourself. While professional installation will guarantee the best-quality finish, you can still achieve aesthetically pleasing results via the DIY method.
Each luxury vinyl floor has its own installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. However, there are some general guidelines you can follow. Here, you’ll discover the basics of glue down LVT installation.
Choosing the right adhesive
It’s important to ensure you’re using the right adhesive when gluing down luxury vinyl tiles. This will ensure a strong, long-lasting bond. You will find information regarding the type of adhesive you’ll need in the Karndean Knight Tile Sycamore KP32 manufacturer guidelines.
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing LVT adhesive. The room you’ll be installing the floor into plays a role in the type of adhesive you might need. For example, if you’ll be installing it in the bathroom, the adhesive is going to need to be moisture resistant. If you’ll be installing it in a room that tends to get quite hot, you’ll need a high-temperature adhesive.
If in doubt, refer to the manufacturer guidelines, or contact our friendly team who will be able to advise you of the best adhesive to suit your installation.
Preparing for installation
You will need to carry out a number of preparation steps before you install the floor. Firstly, you’ll want to acclimatise the luxury vinyl tiles for a period of around 48 hours. Ideally this should be done in a room with a similar temperature to the one you’re installing it in.
While you’re waiting for the floor to be acclimatised, you can start preparing the subfloor. You’ll need to make sure it’s clean and level. Vinyl can be installed on most subfloor materials, but it does need to be flat and clean beforehand. If you’re working with a concrete floor, it should be totally cured and dry for at least six weeks prior to the installation.
It is also a good idea to check the moisture levels of the subfloor. If it has a high-moisture content, you can use a drying screed, along with a moisture resistant adhesive to protect the LVT.
Once you’re ready to install your new floor, you can follow the general steps below:
Step 1: Begin in the centre of the room
With glue down LVT installation, it’s best to start installing the floor in the centre of the room. Use a chalk line to mark the subfloor where the first line will begin. You can lay out the tiles first to check whether you’ll need to cut them near the walls and around any pipework in the room.
Once you have prepared for where the tiles will go and cut them to size if required, you can begin adding the adhesive.
Step 2: Apply the adhesive
It’s really important to follow the instructions on your chosen adhesive. Apply it where the first and second rows will be fitted and ensure you lay the tiles down before it sets. Never apply more adhesive than you can use in the space it takes to dry.
Be sure to spread the adhesive evenly with a trowel over the designated area. Then, place the tiles for the first and second rows down securely.
Step 3: Use a hand roller to secure the floor
After you’ve laid the first tiles, use a hand roller to securely bond them to the adhesive. This will ensure they are adequately bonded, and they won’t pop up during the rest of the installation.
Step 4: Use a damp cloth to wipe away excess glue
As you’re laying the planks, you may find some of the adhesive gets onto the tiles. If it does ooze out onto them, use a damp cloth to simply wipe it away. Don’t allow the adhesive to set on top of the tiles.
Step 5: Use a floor roller to ensure a great bond
Once the first and second lines have been completed, use a floor roller to further bond the tiles to the adhesive. Ideally, the roller should weigh between 50kg to 65kg. Be sure to roll in different directions for best results.
Once the first and second lines have been installed, you can install the rest of the floor repeating the steps above.
Glue down installation does take a little longer than click installation. However, it also leaves you with a strong, stable floor.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.