Handscraped & Saw Cut Solid European Hickory 125mm
- 50m2+ £49.74
- 100m2+ £49.49
- 150m2+ £49.24
Handscraped & Saw Cut Solid European Hickory 125mm Details...
This 125mm wide Handscraped & Saw Cut Solid European Hickory floor features a beautiful saw cut finish. Combined with the handscraped effect, this saw cut finish highlights the fantastic details of hickory wood, resulting in a stunning wood floor rich with details and character.
The handscraped finish, apart from enhancing the beauty of this solid wood floor, adds to its durability and makes cleaning easier. Scratches, stains and other signs of wear are rarely noticeable with the floor’s handscraped finish.
Unlike carpets, this floor does not trap dirt and dust, which makes cleaning even easier. Take a broom or vacuum cleaner to the floor daily and deep-clean using a well-wrung-out mop every week to keep your floor clean.
The floor does not attract animal hair, pollen or other allergens. As a result, the indoor air is far less polluted.
At 125mm, this floor features narrow planks and is suitable for rooms of any size. This Solid European Hickory floor imparts a sleek and contemporary look to your interiors with its narrow planks.
With the right decor, this floor can also deliver a traditional look, thanks to its handscraped and saw-cut finish.
Like most solid wood flooring, this floor is impressive at handling heavy traffic and knocks and impact made by active pets, kids and falling objects, thanks to the natural strength of hickory and the expert use of surface treatments.
With regular maintenance, you can enjoy this floor for several decades. The floor looks timeless with age, thanks to its handscraped finish. So, you’ll have to rarely update the floor. Even if you want to update, you can re-sand the floor and stain it to your desired finish. Thanks to the floor’s strength, re-sanding will not compromise its stability.
This 125mm Handscraped & Saw Cut Solid European Hickory floor gives the best value for your money.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.