Coffee Handscraped Lacquered Solid European Oak 125mm
- 50m2+ £45.74
- 100m2+ £45.49
- 150m2+ £45.24
Coffee Handscraped Lacquered Solid European Oak 125mm Details...
The 125mm wide Coffee Handscraped Lacquered Solid European Oak floor is a brilliant choice when you are looking for a darker shade. It showcases the unique texture of solid European Oak and thanks to the handscraped effect, even tiny details such as grains and knots are brilliantly revealed. The lacquered finish enhances the beauty of the floor with a charming sheen.
The surface treatments increase the durability of this solid oak floor by imparting several practical benefits to it.
First, the floor keeps looking good for years. The uneven texture, rustic appearance and colour variations, resulting from the handscraped effect only get interesting over the years and keep the floor fresh and striking.
The treatments make the floor extremely durable while ensuring that it is very easy to maintain. The floor is resistant to scratches, scuffs and daily wear making it suitable for high-traffic areas.
Like most solid wood flooring, it is easy to clean and maintain the floor, thanks again to the surface treatments. Sweeping the floor daily with a soft broom or mop prevents dust and dirt build-up. For a deeper clean and to remove stubborn stains, use a well-wrung-out cloth or mop on the floor once a week.
At 125mm, this floor features narrow planks. It is an excellent choice for smaller rooms as it creates a sense of space. The final visual effect, thanks to the narrow planks, is that of a clean and contemporary floor.
Made of narrow planks, this floor occupies minimal space for expansion and shrinkage caused due to changes in temperature and humidity. Given this, the chances of the floor becoming unstable due to seasonal changes are minimised. This floor will be extremely stable no matter the season.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.