Chocolate Handscraped Lacquered Solid Europan Oak 125mm
- 50m2+ £45.74
- 100m2+ £45.49
- 150m2+ £45.24
Chocolate Handscraped Lacquered Solid Europan Oak 125mm Details...
125mm Chocolate Handscraped Lacquered Solid European Oak
The Chocolate Handscraped Lacquered Solid European Oak floor carries the brilliant colour of rich dark chocolate with the beautiful details of oak wood. It boasts the extremely popular handscraped effect, which gives the floor a charmingly aged and worn-out look. The lacquered finish adds a contemporary twist.
This floor is extremely durable, thanks to its surface treatments. The handscraped effect will easily hide any scratches and stains. Furthermore, the lacquered finish protects the wood while safeguarding the surface from spills, stains, scratches, dents and scuffs. The lacquer spreads deep into the wood and serves as a protective barrier against external elements that can damage the wood.
As the internal structure of the wood is well-protected, this 125mm wide solid European oak floor lasts for several decades. The stability of the floor too remains intact over the years.
The tough surface makes solid wood flooring the perfect choice for any room including high-traffic areas. This floor is silent underfoot, thanks to its excellent noise-reduction properties. You won’t be troubled by hollow and creaking sounds, or vibrations, underfoot.
Cleaning the floor is easy as it does not trap dust, dirt and animal hair. A daily sweep combined with a weekly deep-clean will keep the floor looking good for years. The floor resists allergens, which ensures that the indoor air is cleaner and better.
Years down the line, when you think it’s time to update your floor, you can easily re-sand and stain it in the colour of your choice. In fact, you can re-sand this floor multiple times.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.