Brushed & Lacquered Oak Solid Wood Flooring 116mm/15mm
Brushed & Lacquered Oak Solid Wood Flooring 116mm/15mm Details...
This is one of our most popular cheap solid wood floors that is exceptional quality.
Authentic wood floors have been cherished for generations because of their class and elegance. Now you can enjoy the same glamorous looks in your interiors with this Brushed and Lacquered Solid Wood Flooring.
These planks length measures from 300mm to 1200mm and is 116mm wide and are 15mm thick. The surface can be sanded if required. However, given the excellent quality of these floors that won’t be necessary for at least a decade.
The olid oak planks have beautiful charactor with knots, grains and imperfections that makes this a truely stunning authentic solid wood floor. The surface is lightly brushed to accentuate the texture of timber and lacquered to create a dazzling effect. The lacquer coating also acts as a tough protective layer that protects these floors from scratches and abrasions.
As these floors are solid wood they can not withstand high variations in temperature and humidity.
The core comprises a solidwood structure that makes the floors extremely sturdy and stable. They can be installed in areas with heavy footfall and can take a lot of load comfortably.
The Brushed and Lacquered Wood planks feature the Clic locking mechanism. This makes installation quick, easy and totally mess-free.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.