Lifestyle Flooring UK can sell Amtico products at market leading prices due to the fact that we do not have direct accounts with these companies. Previously we held direct accounts with these companies but have subsequently had these accounts closed as we were not prepared to comply with their price-fixing rules.
The reason for this is that we used to have a contract company fitting out new build homes and commercial properties and we also had a retail/online company. These companies used to sell the exact same product to our contract company at up to £10 per square meter cheaper than to the retail company (therefore ripping off the retail customer).
We simply then used to buy all our flooring through the contract company and sell it to the retail company meaning we could sell it at much cheaper prices but still make a fair margin. As our accounts have now been closed we have teamed up with various contract/wholesale companies and simply buy from them and sell the flooring to the retail customer at a much lower price.
Amtico, have threatened to close any other companies accounts who supply us, therefore, trying to control and dictate the price/market. As a result of this, we no longer can disclose where we buy these products from. We understand that this type of price fixing is now illegal, but some of these old school companies are taking a while to catch up with the law or even choosing to ignore it. We understand that the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) are currently investigating this type of business practice.
All we say if you want to save money then buy from us and we will guarantee the product and will keep the necessary paperwork so that should you have any problems we will sort it out. On the other hand, if you want a registered guarantee that in our opinion isn’t worth the paper, it's written on then buy from a registered retailer. The choice is yours, but the way the world is moving like it or not everything is moving towards the internet. The question to be asked is what does the guarantee actually cover, after the flooring has been laid?
We have taken the following information from the Amtico Warrantee and have also provided a link to the warranty so you can see if for yourselves.
What Amtico’s Warranty Covers
Amtico International (hereinafter referred to as ‘the company’), hearby guarantees that in the event of the Amtico flooring supplied under this agreement, requiring replacement due to ‘wearout’ from normal floor traffic within 25 years from the date of purchase, the floor will be replaced free of charge. ‘Wear-out’ means the removal of the pattern and colour from the amtico spacia floor caused by the removal of the protective wear layer.
Please note any other claim in respect of alleged manufacture defects must be notified to us within 6 months of the product being installed otherwise any such claim will be treated as having been waived.
The floor must have been installed in accordance with our installation instructions and the registration form, supplied by your flooring specialist, completed.
Amtico’s Warranty Conditions
- that the Amtico floor has been professionally installed by a qualified installer.
- Qualified installer status is where an installer has attained a national Vocational Qualification in luxury Vinyl tile flooring installation at level 2 or above.
- That the Amtico floor has been installed in accordance with the directions contained within the technical information which can be viewed on our website (www.amtico.com) and Bs8203 (the standard for installation of resilient flooring) and using Amtico approved adhesives.
- That the floor is used domestically and has been regularly maintained, using approved products, following current guidelines.
- That precautions have been taken to prevent indentation from heavy point loading (e.g. furniture) and excess surface scratching.
Amtico’s Warranty Exclusions
- Damage caused by stains and spillages, burns, scratches, indentation, floods and any other accidents. This includes
- Improper care due to the use of incorrect maintenance products, as well as any reduction in surface gloss due to normal wear and tear.
- Scratching and scuff marks.
- Damage caused by objects being dropped or dragged across the floor.
- Flooring problems caused by improper installation including the incorrect use of non-recommended adhesives, floor preparation materials, underfloor heating or improper sub floor preparation. Also damage caused by the presence of moisture, alkaline substances or fluid pressure from the subfloor over which the floor is laid.
- Damage or fading caused by exposure to sunlight or excessive heat.
- Use of the floor in any unheated or outside/external location.
note: avoid the use of rubber or latex backed mats, as some types can cause permanent floor discolouration.
As a company where certain members have been operating in the flooring industry for over 20 years we/they have never seen a successful claim using the Amtico Warranty. Our warranty will cover you for the exact same things as their warranty.
The choice is yours! We obviously want you to buy from us, but if you don’t feel comfortable with it buy from a registered retailer, and you will get the exact same product.
If you have any further questions, then please feel free to call our friendly sales team on 0113 3200223.