Basix Engineered Classic Oak Natural BF01
Basix Engineered Classic Oak Natural BF01 Details...
The Basix 1 Strip Oak Natural Bevelled Matt Lacquered offers the rich looks of solid hardwood flooring at an affordable price. It comes packed with multiple benefits. It is easy to maintain, highly durable, and offers excellent stability and strength.
The Basix 1 Strip Oak Natural Bevelled Matt Lacquered is created by attaching 3 layers of wood in a high-temperature and high-pressure environment. A top layer of real wood veneer is fixed to create this masterpiece. This veneer surface is the reason behind the realistic wood effects. The end result is a floor that is stunning in looks and beautifully wood-like to the touch.
This multi-layer design imparts great strength to the Basix 1 Strip Oak Natural Bevelled Matt Lacquered. The floor can withstand heavy foot traffic as well as the impact of falling objects.
The Basix 1 Strip Oak Natural Bevelled Matt Lacquered excels in performance when compared to solid hardwood. This floor experiences minimal contraction and expansion in response to temperature and moisture variations. So, you’ll have a floor that stays firm underfoot no matter the season. Given this fact, you can use the floor without any worries in moisture-prone areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.
This floor facilitates sanding, which means you can retain the excellent looks of your floor through its lifetime. Get rid of stubborn stains, marks or other damage with sanding!
When it comes to maintenance, this floor doesn’t demand much. Sweep the floor daily using a soft broom or vacuum cleaner. Use a very slightly damp mop to remove stubborn dirt and debris. Avoid using harsh cleaners, especially those containing ammonia, to extend the good looks and life of your floor.
The Basix 1 Strip Oak Natural Bevelled Matt Lacquered is the ultimate choice if you are looking for an alternative to solid hardwood flooring. This floor offers the best in terms of aesthetics, performance and budget.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.