Atkinson & Kirby Dark Antique Hand Distressed European Solid Oak 203mm
- 50m2+ £29.74
- 100m2+ £29.49
- 150m2+ £29.24
Atkinson & Kirby Dark Antique Hand Distressed European Solid Oak 203mm Details...
The timeless appeal of solid hardwood floor is simply incomparable. If you are looking to invest in a floor that’s beyond excellence, look no further than the Atkinson & Kirby Dark Antique Hand Distressed European Solid Oak 203mm.
Atkinson & Kirby, has been making hardwood floors for over 105 years! So, you can be sure that you are getting the finest solid wood floor.
A highlight of this Atkinson & Kirby solid wood floor is that the boards are made of a single block of wood. So, you won’t find any joints on the boards. As each board is made up of a single block of wood, the entire texture of the wood is reflected on the board as it is, which imparts a brilliant look to the floor.
This floor uses the traditional Tongue & Groove method of installation. This method minimises the vertical movement of planks, which makes the floor extremely stable.
Thanks to the firm installation and the natural quality of rich wood, this floor does not creak or make hollow noises when you walk on it.
This floor promotes hygiene by improving the quality of air. Unlike carpets, this floor does not have trap dust, dirt and allergens. As a result, the air indoors is always clean.
As it does not attract dust and dirt, cleaning and maintaining the Atkinson & Kirby Dark Antique Hand Distressed European Solid Oak 203mm is easy too. Simply sweep the floor every day to keep dry dust and dirt away. You can clean stains by simply wiping the spot with a damp cloth.
With regular maintenance, this floor will keep looking as good as new for years on end. In fact, the floor can last for generations with proper care!
The luxury of superior quality wood and practical benefits make the Atkinson & Kirby Dark Antique Hand Distressed European Solid Oak 203mm a best-seller.
Flooring Installation Methods
If you are installing a wood floor at your home/office for the first time, chances are you are finding the installation company’s technical terms difficult to understand. You could always ask the salesperson to explain it in simpler terms. It doesn’t hurt though to educate yourself about the different installation methods. This way, the whole process will be easy to handle.
No matter the method of installation, be sure to invest in high quality flooring for best results. Lifestyle Flooring has been supplying superior quality floors of all types for 35+ years. We cater to commercial and residential flooring needs throughout the UK.
Contact us at 0113 320 0223 for more details.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring offers solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.