Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654
- 50m2+ £26.40
- 100m2+ £26.30
- 150m2+ £26.05
Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 Details...
Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 is one of our most popular Amtico floors. Few floors boast the same level of style, durability and affordability as this flooring. Part of the exclusive Spacia Xtra range, this beautiful floor looks just like the real thing. However, it isn’t just the floor’s good looks which set it apart from its competitors. They are also splash and water resistant, as well as easy to maintain. This also makes the floor suitable for any room in the home. Sold with a fantastic 25-year warranty, it provides remarkable value for money.
Each pack of this floor will cover up to 2 square metres. The planks measure 1219.2mm long, 184mm wide and 2.5mm deep. The 0.55mm wear layer is what really adds to the floor’s durability. It boasts high wear resistance, ensuring even when exposed to high levels of daily foot traffic, it will still maintain its flawless looks for years. You can install it with underfloor heating and thanks to its glue down method, it boasts remarkable stability once installed.
Although largely designed for use in the home, the Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 can also be installed in commercial settings. Get this floor at an unbeatable price today or request a free sample to see how it might look before you buy. Don’t forget to check out the other great designs in the Amtico Spacia Xtra range to ensure you’re choosing the best one to suit you.
Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 Maintenance
Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 Vinyl floors are extremely durable, resistant to scratches and stains, and are available in a variety of colours and designs to suit any interior décor. Vinyl floors can handle high levels of foot traffic efficiently.
Vinyl floors are soft to walk on, and are noise-absorbent. these features make them particularly attractive to commercial property owners, and home owners with pets and kids. They are affordable and can be installed easily and quickly.
To keep reaping the benefits of your Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 for a long time, you need to maintain them well. Maintaining vinyl floors is easy compared to other flooring types. Here are a few maintenance tips for long-lasting vinyl floors:
- Once the Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 is installed, avoid washing your floor for a minimum period of 24 hours
- Mop the floor as regularly as once a week. Follow your manufacturer’s floor-cleaning manual to use appropriate methods and cleaning solutions for mopping.
- Clean your floor regularly. Use a vacuum for the purpose. You could also use a soft brush to sweep off loosely-attached dirt.
- Use entrance mats for doors that allow people in from outside. These mats stop sharp or other damage-causing items at the door itself, keeping your floor safe from scratches and gouges.
- Remove the finishing layer from floors and re-apply regularly if you have installed dressed floors. Stripping method and frequency must be in accordance to manufacturer guidelines.
- Use floormats in water-prone areas to minimise floor’s contact with excess water.
- Clean liquid spills at the earliest, to avoid unsightly stains in the long run.
- Use felt pads beneath furniture body and legs so that they do not cause damage such as scratches or cracks upon dragging.
- Use slow, even and careful movements, when moving appliances. Abrupt and careless movements can cause deep scratches on the floor. Use equal care when moving an any wheel-based appliance as these too, are equally damaging.
- Keep your pet’s nails in check, regularly, to avoid scratches on your vinyl floor.
The Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 requires a glue down installation method. Glue down luxury vinyl tile installation is easy to do by yourself. While professional installation will guarantee the best-quality finish, you can still achieve aesthetically pleasing results via the DIY method.
Each luxury vinyl floor has its own installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. However, there are some general guidelines you can follow. Here, you’ll discover the basics of glue down LVT installation.
Choosing the right adhesive
It’s important to ensure you’re using the right adhesive when gluing down luxury vinyl tiles. This will ensure a strong, long-lasting bond. You will find information regarding the type of adhesive you’ll need in the Amtico Spacia Xtra White Maple SS5W2654 manufacturer guidelines.
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing LVT adhesive. The room you’ll be installing the floor into plays a role in the type of adhesive you might need. For example, if you’ll be installing it in the bathroom, the adhesive is going to need to be moisture resistant. If you’ll be installing it in a room that tends to get quite hot, you’ll need a high-temperature adhesive.
If in doubt, refer to the manufacturer guidelines, or contact our friendly team who will be able to advise you of the best adhesive to suit your installation.
Preparing for installation
You will need to carry out a number of preparation steps before you install the floor. Firstly, you’ll want to acclimatise the luxury vinyl tiles for a period of around 48 hours. Ideally this should be done in a room with a similar temperature to the one you’re installing it in.
While you’re waiting for the floor to be acclimatised, you can start preparing the subfloor. You’ll need to make sure it’s clean and level. Vinyl can be installed on most subfloor materials, but it does need to be flat and clean beforehand. If you’re working with a concrete floor, it should be totally cured and dry for at least six weeks prior to the installation.
It is also a good idea to check the moisture levels of the subfloor. If it has a high-moisture content, you can use a drying screed, along with a moisture resistant adhesive to protect the LVT.
Once you’re ready to install your new floor, you can follow the general steps below:
Step 1: Begin in the centre of the room
With glue down LVT installation, it’s best to start installing the floor in the centre of the room. Use a chalk line to mark the subfloor where the first line will begin. You can lay out the tiles first to check whether you’ll need to cut them near the walls and around any pipework in the room.
Once you have prepared for where the tiles will go and cut them to size if required, you can begin adding the adhesive.
Step 2: Apply the adhesive
It’s really important to follow the instructions on your chosen adhesive. Apply it where the first and second rows will be fitted and ensure you lay the tiles down before it sets. Never apply more adhesive than you can use in the space it takes to dry.
Be sure to spread the adhesive evenly with a trowel over the designated area. Then, place the tiles for the first and second rows down securely.
Step 3: Use a hand roller to secure the floor
After you’ve laid the first tiles, use a hand roller to securely bond them to the adhesive. This will ensure they are adequately bonded, and they won’t pop up during the rest of the installation.
Step 4: Use a damp cloth to wipe away excess glue
As you’re laying the planks, you may find some of the adhesive gets onto the tiles. If it does ooze out onto them, use a damp cloth to simply wipe it away. Don’t allow the adhesive to set on top of the tiles.
Step 5: Use a floor roller to ensure a great bond
Once the first and second lines have been completed, use a floor roller to further bond the tiles to the adhesive. Ideally, the roller should weigh between 50kg to 65kg. Be sure to roll in different directions for best results.
Once the first and second lines have been installed, you can install the rest of the floor repeating the steps above.
Glue down installation does take a little longer than click installation. However, it also leaves you with a strong, stable floor.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Why pay retail shop prices?
Amtico work closely with selected retailers to ensure they and the shops make extortionate profits which is not beneficial to the consumer. We buy the exact same products from wholesalers meaning we are not bound by Amtico's retailer price fixing and can offer the consumer the same product at much more discounted prices! We sell over 100,000 square meters of Amtico flooring a year in the UK and we never have any issues.
With regards to the warranty and quality of the product, we offer a 28 day return policy and will replace any faulty goods free of charge within the Amtico's manufacturer warranty period.
If you have any questions then please do give us a call, we would love to explain in more detail.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- Laminate floors are not made of natural products however we recommended a minimum expansion gap of 1/4 inch.