Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550
- 50m2+ £26.60
- 100m2+ £26.35
- 150m2+ £26.10
Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 Details...
Add a luxurious and warm touch to the home with this exclusive Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550. Part of the incredible Spacia collection, this beautiful floor boasts a realistic wooden effect, complete with imitation grains and textures. It’s also exceptionally durable, benefitting from a superior tough coating and a thicker than average wear layer. Sold with a 10-year commercial and 25-year domestic warranty.
Every pack of the Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 will cover 2.5 square metres. The planks come with a 0.55mm wear layer for exceptional durability. This also makes the floor suitable for commercial as well as domestic use. Like other collections in the Spacia range, this one features R10 slip resistance to guarantee its safety in high-traffic areas.
Along with its spectacular looks, this floor comes with an outstanding level of protection. Firstly, it’s protected with a unique Quantum-Guard urethane coating. This is known to be the most durable urethane coating on the market and it expertly protects the surface against wear and tear. It also adds a beautiful low-gloss finish, adding to the floor’s natural appearance.
Like other floors in the Amtico Spacia range, this one benefits from a fully water-resistant design. This means you can install it anywhere you like, including high-moisture environments. It is also splash and spill resistant, making it an excellent choice for family homes. As an additional benefit, the floor is quiet to walk over, making it suitable for use in high-traffic areas.
You can install the Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 with underfloor heating. Most systems should be compatible, but it is worth checking before installing the floor. On the off chance your system isn’t compatible, it could damage the floor and void the warranty.
Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 Maintenance
You will need to install the Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 using the glue-down method. While this is a little more time consuming than the click method, it produces a much more stable and slip-resistant finish. As long as you use a high-quality adhesive, you’ll find it a breeze to install the floor yourself.
Maintenance is kept simple thanks to the urethane coating and water-resistant surface. Vacuuming or sweeping the floor daily will keep it free from dirt and debris, while a weekly mop will keep the floor looking as good as new. In commercial settings, you may want to mop the floor daily or twice weekly if it is exposed to high levels of foot traffic.
The Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 is a beautiful and sophisticated floor, renowned for its exceptional durability. We have free samples available if you’d like to see the floor before you buy. You can also browse the other designs in this great range to ensure you’re choosing the best one for your home or business.
The Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 requires a glue down installation method. Glue down luxury vinyl tile installation is easy to do by yourself. While professional installation will guarantee the best-quality finish, you can still achieve aesthetically pleasing results via the DIY method.
Each luxury vinyl floor has its own installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. However, there are some general guidelines you can follow. Here, you’ll discover the basics of glue down LVT installation.
Choosing the right adhesive
It’s important to ensure you’re using the right adhesive when gluing down luxury vinyl tiles. This will ensure a strong, long-lasting bond. You will find information regarding the type of adhesive you’ll need in the Amtico Spacia Nordic Oak SS5W2550 manufacturer guidelines.
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing LVT adhesive. The room you’ll be installing the floor into plays a role in the type of adhesive you might need. For example, if you’ll be installing it in the bathroom, the adhesive is going to need to be moisture resistant. If you’ll be installing it in a room that tends to get quite hot, you’ll need a high-temperature adhesive.
If in doubt, refer to the manufacturer guidelines, or contact our friendly team who will be able to advise you of the best adhesive to suit your installation.
Preparing for installation
You will need to carry out a number of preparation steps before you install the floor. Firstly, you’ll want to acclimatise the luxury vinyl tiles for a period of around 48 hours. Ideally this should be done in a room with a similar temperature to the one you’re installing it in.
While you’re waiting for the floor to be acclimatised, you can start preparing the subfloor. You’ll need to make sure it’s clean and level. Vinyl can be installed on most subfloor materials, but it does need to be flat and clean beforehand. If you’re working with a concrete floor, it should be totally cured and dry for at least six weeks prior to the installation.
It is also a good idea to check the moisture levels of the subfloor. If it has a high-moisture content, you can use a drying screed, along with a moisture resistant adhesive to protect the LVT.
Once you’re ready to install your new floor, you can follow the general steps below:
Step 1: Begin in the centre of the room
With glue down LVT installation, it’s best to start installing the floor in the centre of the room. Use a chalk line to mark the subfloor where the first line will begin. You can lay out the tiles first to check whether you’ll need to cut them near the walls and around any pipework in the room.
Once you have prepared for where the tiles will go and cut them to size if required, you can begin adding the adhesive.
Step 2: Apply the adhesive
It’s really important to follow the instructions on your chosen adhesive. Apply it where the first and second rows will be fitted and ensure you lay the tiles down before it sets. Never apply more adhesive than you can use in the space it takes to dry.
Be sure to spread the adhesive evenly with a trowel over the designated area. Then, place the tiles for the first and second rows down securely.
Step 3: Use a hand roller to secure the floor
After you’ve laid the first tiles, use a hand roller to securely bond them to the adhesive. This will ensure they are adequately bonded, and they won’t pop up during the rest of the installation.
Step 4: Use a damp cloth to wipe away excess glue
As you’re laying the planks, you may find some of the adhesive gets onto the tiles. If it does ooze out onto them, use a damp cloth to simply wipe it away. Don’t allow the adhesive to set on top of the tiles.
Step 5: Use a floor roller to ensure a great bond
Once the first and second lines have been completed, use a floor roller to further bond the tiles to the adhesive. Ideally, the roller should weigh between 50kg to 65kg. Be sure to roll in different directions for best results.
Once the first and second lines have been installed, you can install the rest of the floor repeating the steps above.
Glue down installation does take a little longer than click installation. However, it also leaves you with a strong, stable floor.
Important: We highly recommend contacting the manufacturer of the floor to receive an official installation guide. Failure to follow manufacturer guidelines could void the warranty.
Why pay retail shop prices?
Amtico work closely with selected retailers to ensure they and the shops make extortionate profits which is not beneficial to the consumer. We buy the exact same products from wholesalers meaning we are not bound by Amtico's retailer price fixing and can offer the consumer the same product at much more discounted prices! We sell over 100,000 square meters of Amtico flooring a year in the UK and we never have any issues.
With regards to the warranty and quality of the product, we offer a 28 day return policy and will replace any faulty goods free of charge within the Amtico's manufacturer warranty period.
If you have any questions then please do give us a call, we would love to explain in more detail.
Our Frequently Asked Questions
- Unfortunately not unless you have just ordered some flooring and decide to add an additional box / number of boxes to your order to be sent out with your existing order. If this is the case, please quote your existing order ID in a message and send it via email or the contact form on the "Contact Us" page.
- We provide stripping and adhesive in the accessories section.
- Sorry but no.
- Installing solid floors in water-prone areas causes them to swell. Consider pre-finished solid wood floors, which come with a waterproof surface.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK offer solid wood floors reinforced with multiple layers of protective coating. Therefore, our floors are extremely resistant to scratches and chipping.
- Squeaks are caused due to a wobbly sub-floor. Solid wood flooring must be installed on an even and intact subfloor to prevent squeaks.
- Yes, leave a gap of 10mm at the minimum, to accommodate expansions. A decorative bead board or skirting board can serve as a good cover for the gap.
- Lifestyle Flooring UK recommends an acclimation period of 5 days. This ensures that the solid wood is in a perfect condition for installation.
- A solid wood floor can be sanded and refinished several times, which makes the floor look new. The floor doesn't need sanding for the initial 10 to 15 years though.
- Standard engineered wood floors are not recommended for bathrooms as too much contact with water causes them to swell. Pre-finished types are preferable as they feature a water-resistant surface.
- Floors from Lifestyle Flooring UK come with multiple protective coatings, which makes them highly scratchproof.
- Squeaks occur when a floor is installed on an uneven subfloor. Correct installation will not produce squeaks.
- Yes, a gap of a minimum 10mm is required.
- Allow the floor to stay for a minimum of 36hrs in the room of installation for acclimation.
- Engineered floors can be sanded multiple times to retain their new look. They will not, however need sanding for 10 to 15 years immediately after installation.
- Yes. But, laminate floors are water resistant only to a certain extent. So, remove excess water at the earliest.
- Install the floors on even subfloors to prevent such noises.
- As laminate floors are not made of natural products, they don't need an expansion gap.